Mock Draft

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2010 is complete, how'd NFL Draft Pros do?

WOW, it's nearly a week after the 2010 NFL Draft and I'm just now emotionally recovered from the 3-day extravaganza! I loved the new format, but the idea of being involved for all 3 days was taxing.

First off, I don't usually grade drafts right after the draft, all it would be, is which NFL team took the most players off my board. It's better for NFL teams and draftniks to wait 2-3 years and see how these players react to getting the big money, see how they are used in systems, and just see if their college hype transfers to the NFL.

But I do like to look at my predictions and see how I did against everyone else, including the Big Boys like Mel Kiper, Todd McShay and the other TV draft experts. The Huddle Report each year grades out hundreds of mock drafts and Top 100 boards. I'm proud to say that NFL Draft Pros took #18 in the Mock Draft contest, beating such well known draft experts as Todd McShay and Scott Wright.
As for the Top 100 lists, we did even better. We tied Mel Kiper at #14.

Not bad if I do say so myself.

Now it's time to start scoping out the class of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment